LIBRARY OF UNION HAS ADDED MANY BOOKS AND PERIODICALS

Books by President Eliot and "History of Phillips Exeter Academy" Included

The Union has markedly improved and added to its library during the summer and since the opening of College this fall. Over 75 new books have been added in the three weeks since the present term began, bringing the total number of volumes in the library to 15,500.

Several additions have been made to the separate collection of books by graduates of the University. This collection is one of the most complete of its kind in existence. New additions to this collection include a recent book by President Eliot and a "History of Phillips Exeter Academy" by L. M. Crosbie '04. Mr. Crosbie, an English instructor at Exeter, has devoted several years to the writing of this volume. He traces the history of old New Hampshire institution from its foundation up to the present.

Manuscripts and letters written by famous men are on display. Among the printed relics is a program of the second centennial celebration of the college held in 1836.

Other additions to the reading material available at the Union have been made, increasing the number of daily papers in the reading room to 36 and the periodicals to 35. The daily papers come from all over the country, from Portland, Maine, to San Francisco. The periodicals include all the leading American weeklies and monthlies and several foreign papers, the French "L'Illustration", and the English "London News" and "Country Life". New papers will be added from time to time and members have been invited to suggest any new papers or magazines which would increase the utility of the library.