SMALL CROWD EXPECTED FOR B. U. GAME TODAY

2500 Tickets Issued to Famous Knot Hole Gang--Pasteboards to Be Sold at Soldiers Field

After two Harvard football games at which the Stadium has been filled at close to its capacity, the Harvard ticket takers will have an easy job on Saturday when Harvard meets Boston University on Soldiers Field at 2 o'clock.

At the Holy Cross game, two weeks ago, almost 48,000 people witnessed the Purple-Crimson encounter, only 5000 short of the Stadium capacity. And last Saturday every one of the 53,000 seats for the Dartmouth game was taken.

But this week, the crowd at the Boston University is expected to fall far short of a full house. So far, reports show but five of the 30 or so Stadium sections have been taken. Two of these have gone to Boston University supporters, while the remaining three have been taken by the Harvard fans.

Expect Crowd of 25,000

Although these five sections account for a crowd of but 7000, it is expected that the total crowd on Saturday will come nearer 25,000. Practically none of the Harvard students have bought tickets to the game as their season ticket books will entitle them to admission to the cheering section.

Besides several thousand undergraduates who will see the game on these season passes, 2500 pasteboards have been given to the now famous "Knot Role Gang", which has not been able to get a peek at Harvard football since the Middlebury game three weeks ago. Tickets and admissions are also on sale at Cambridge and Boston agencies, and will be sold at the gates of Soldiers Field on Saturday afternoon as well. Mr. C. F. Getchell of the H. A. A. was unable to predict the exact number of these last minute sales, but believes that they will bring the total number of Stadium spectators on Saturday well over the 25,000 mark.

Ticket applications for the Harvard-Yale game closed with a rush Thursday, and the H. A. A. was swamped with the hundreds of blue envelopes which were handed in at the eleventh hour. The H. A. A. ticket agents will be kept busy until the end of the week sorting and fling the Yale applications, but on Monday they will begin taking late applications for tickets to the Princeton game, for which there is still a slight surplus of tickets in the Harvard section. However, contrary to the impression originally given, there will be no general sale of these extra tickets as there was before the Dartmouth game, when 5000 tickets were placed on sale to holders of H. A. A. and season tickets books.