CAPTAIN AARONSOHN TO SPEAK AT LIBERAL CLUB

English Soldier, Scholar, Author and Theatrical Producer to Talk After Luncheon Today

Captain Alex Aaronsohn, famous for his war record and experiences, will be the guest of the Liberal Club at a small luncheon to be given at the Club headquarters, 66 Winthrop Street, this afternoon. After the luncheon Captain Aaronsohn will speak on "Adventure in Spirit Meeting." This talk will be open to members of the University, and will begin at 1.30 o'clock.

Captain Aaronsohn was born in Palestine, he was conscripted in the Turkish army, but escaped on an American steamer from Beirout in 1916 and joined the British Intelligence Service. Later he was made an officer in Field Marshall Allenby's General Staff, where his devoted services to the British Army were rewarded with the high decoration of the Distinguished Service Order, pinned on his breast by the King of England.

Interested in Many Activities

Besides being a soldier Captain Aaronsohn is a scholar, an author, a journalist, and a theatrical producer. For two years he was connected with the United States Department of Agriculture. He can speak eight languages. He has written articles for the "Atlantic Monthly," and his book, "With the Turks in Palestine," has attracted wide attention.

After the war he helped to found in Jerusalem a modern publishing house, which publishes the "Palestine Weekly" in English, and the "Dvor Hoyom," a daily, in Hebrew. He is an active director and editor of both of these publications. During the last year he devoted some time to theatrical productions in New York, and was responsible for the production of the Spanish musical comedy, "The Wild Cat," and in London he produced the "The Risk," "the Torch," and "Listening In."