TO AWARD PHI BETA KAPPA KEYS TONIGHT

Must Be Approved by Faculty--Three Senior Marshals of Society Will Also Be Picked This Evening

Phi Beta Kappa keys will be awarded to 30 juniors and seniors after the annual elections of the society to be held this week. Tonight the eight members of the class of 1925 who compose the present membership of the organization will select eight men from the class of 1926 and 22 members from the class of 1925 who will receive their keys this year. On Friday night, after approval by the faculty, the entire list will be announced.

Three Marshalls Will Be Named

The eight men who were chosen as the junior eight from the class of 1925 last fall, and who will choose the other members this week are: H. T. Dunker '25, Mason Hammond '25, R. P. Howe '25, M. S. Huberman '25, B. L. Kilgour '25, W. J. Milde '25, H. P. Sharp '25, and Bernard Soman '25. From these eight men the three marshalls of the society for this year will be chosen tonight.

Phi Beta Kappa is the oldest Greek letter fraternity in America, founded at William and Mary College in 1776. The University Chapter, which was the first one organized in Massachusetts, was established in 1779, three years after the fraternity had been organized. In the past the University chapter has numbered among its membership such famous men as Ralph Waldo Emerson 1821, Charles William Eliot '53, LeBaron Russell Brggs, '75, James Russell Lowell '38, Abbott Lawrence Lowell '77, and Theodore Roosevelt '80.

The society endeavors to raise the intellectual tone of the entire undergraduate body by rewarding the activity of those men in each class who lead in scholastic attainments.