REDUCE DEBATING SQUAD TO PREPARE IN EARNEST

Thirteen Speakers Remain to Undergo Intensive Preparation for Triangular Contest With, Amherst and Brown

Six men were dropped in the first cut of the University debating squad last night. After several days of practice. Coach Himes has reduced the squad to a less unwieldy form, in preparation for the three weeks of intensive work which must come before the team meets Brown and Amherst on December 6. The men who now compose the squad are: R. A. Barton '25, D. W. Chapman '27, J. R. Cherry '27, S. T. Creighton '26, G. M. Kendall ocC., E. M. Littell '26, E. J. Meizdorf '26, A. H. S. Paddock '26, J. H. Perkins '27, A. F. Reel '28, W. S. Stone '26, E. G. Wesson '25, B. A. Williams '28.

Monday night at 7 o'clock in Harvard 6 the trials for the interclass debates will be held. Men who wish to try for places are asked to prepare a short speech on one side of the question, "Resolved: That hazing should be sanctioned at Harvard". Members of the Debating Council are the only undergraduates who are ineligible. Men who were dropped from the University squad last night automatically become members of their class teams in the interclass debates. Men who failed to make the University squad, and all others are invited to try out Monday night. No one who failed to make the University squad last Tuesday night will be handicapped in any way.

Coach N. E. Himes 2G expressed himself as being completely satisfied with the squad which he is at present white ping into shape for the debate with Brown and Amherst on December 6. "With the largest turnout at the trials in many years we have an abundance of good material for an excellent team. Entrance into the Intercollegiate League has increased greatly the interest of the University in debating."

There will be a special meeting of the Debating Council at 5 o'clock Monday afternoon in Weld 13 to discuss questions which have arisen since the entrance of the University into the League.