FRESHMAN SQUASH MEN WILL TURN OUT THIS AFTERNOON

To Pick 1928 Team From High Men in Class Tournament

All Freshmen who wish to try out for the 1928 squash team will meet at 5.30 o'clock this afternoon in the Freshman Squash Building. Coach Cowles and Captain Dixon of the University squash team will speak briefly about the prospects for the present season and the future plans for the 1928 squash team.

At the meeting this afternoon the Freshman tournament will be organized, and matches will be played during the next two weeks to determine the winner. From the men who show up well in the tournament a number of Freshmen will be chosen for the 1928 team. It is hoped to run off all the games in the tournament in the near future so that the team may be picked before the first match, which is scheduled for the first week in December.

This year the Freshman team has entered in League C of the Massachusetts Squash Racquets Association. Last year the 1927 team was in Class. B, but finished so far down in the ranking that this year the management decided to enter the Freshmen in the Class C League, thus making sure that they would not be handicapped by competing with teams of greater ability and experience.