DRAMATIC CLUB HELPS IN PRODUCTION OF "GHOSTS"

DRAMATIC CLUB ASSISTS IN THE LIGHTING AND STAGE WORK

The Harvard Dramatic Club will assist in the production of "Ghosts," a play by Hendrik Ibsen to be given at Brattle Hall on Friday afternoon, November 28, it was announced last night by President Eduardo Sanchez '26.

The play will be given by a group of players who are now acting with Walter Hampden in "Cyrano de Bergerac," at the Boston Opera House. The Dramatic Club will assist in the lighting and stage work.

Have Produced Play in New York

The players who will produce "Ghosts" originally took up the play for their own personal interest. It was first shown in the National Theatre in New York last spring before the Columbia students in Professor Clayton Hamilton's course in the drama. About 700 Columbia students were present, at this play.

"Cyrano de Bergerae" then traveled to Chicago, and there the group of players gave "Ghosts" at the Hull House Theater for the benefit of Hull House, the most famous settlement house in America, and the house where Jane Addams started her career. This was in October.

"Cyrano de Bergerae" has since moved to Boston, and the same group of players have signified their willingness to perform "Ghosts", at Brattle Hall. This performance will be given for the benefit of Dennison House, a settlement house located on Tyler Street, Boston.

Among the actresses who will take part in "Ghosts" are Miss Ruth Chorpenning and Miss Edith Barrett, both of whom were formerly connected with the 47 Workshop.

Tickets for the play will be placed on sale next week at Leavitt and Peirce's, and the University Book Store in Cambridge, and Herrick's in Boston.