2500 UNDERGRADUATES CHARGE DOWN ON SOLDIERS FIELD IN WILD STAMPEDE

All Harvard Turns Out to Cheer Crimson Team in Last Cambridge Workout

Harvard enthusiasm which has been rising to a fever heat this week, culminated yesterday afternoon in a wild march to the Stadium, in frenzied shouting and yelling once there, and in a furious snake dance all the way back to Harvard Square. Captain Greenough's team will meet the Bulldog an inspired combination, if they catch the contagion of enthusiasm which is raging through the college.

The players could hardly be distinguished on account of the darkness, but that mattered little to the 2500 sons of Harvard. It made no difference who was at right tackle or who at left halfback. The significant fact was that the dusky group of figures racing through signals in the center of the field was a Crimson eleven about to embark for the conquest of New Haven.

Stadium Alive With Cheering Hundreds

One side of the Stadium seemed to live as hundreds and hundreds of figures rose, yelled, waved hats. Beldam broke loose, the crowd reached an almost uncontrollable stage. Then individual clamor gave way to organized cheering and singing.

A great hay bonfire was built after the Crimson players had left the field. With its dying embers the throng rushed to the Locker Building where the demonstration was continued for another half hour. "We'll beat Yale" was the outcry which surged up from the crowd incessantly.