LIBERAL CLUB SPEAKER HINTS AT MORE BALKAN TROUBLES

C. Telford Eriokson Tells of Conditions in Albania

"If Albania is not put no her feet, if she is allowed to lie like a dead corpse at the side of the Balkans, trouble in that peninsula will be inevitable", was the warning of Mr. C. Telford Erickson, speaking on. "The Balkan Situation from the Albanian Point of View" at a Liberal Club luncheon yesterday.

Mr. Erickson, who has devoted his life to a study of the Albanian situation and who was one of the delegates of Albania at the Paris Peace Conference in 1919, told of the deplorable economic and political conditions that now exist in Albania.

"Although anthropologists admit that the Albanians were the first group of the Caucasian race to migrate into Europe", he said, "they are now centuries behind the other European races in point of development. Part of this backwardness is due to the Paris Peace Conference which although it made the mountainous section of Albania independent, cut off 200,000 of these stalwart people, from their plains and prairies, without setting up any machinery to help them take advantage of their independence, or to educate them to their responsibilities."

Mr. Erickson is in this country for the purpose of securing American support in founding an institution similar to Hampton Institute in Albania.