NAME PENNYPACKER HEAD OF COMMITTEE ON HARVARD SPORT

Briggs and Greenough Also on Faculty Board -- Dunker, Greenough and Beals Undergraduate Members

Henry Pennypacker '88, Chairman of the Committee on Admissions, has been appointed Chairman of the Committee on the Regulation of Athletic Sports to succeed Dean L. B. R. Briggs '77, who resigned last spring, according to an announcement made yesterday.

Dean Briggs still retains his membership on the committee. He along with Mr. Pennypacker and Dean C. N. Greenough '98 represent the Faculty.

The three representatives of the graduates are B. L. Young '07, J. Bingham '16, of last year's committee, and Dr. R. L. Lee '02, who formerly represented the Faculty.

The three undergraduates, whose names were announced last spring, are Henry Traugott Dunker '25 of Davenport, lowa, President of the Student Council and Track Captain; Edward Mauran Beals Jr. '25 of Boston, Hockey Captain, and Malcolm Whelen Greenough '25 of Boston, Football captain.

Won Intercollegiate Shot Put

Mr. Pennypacker won his Track "H" in his senior year. He won the shot put in the intercollegiates of his senior year. He graduated with the class of 1888 and took up teaching at Adelphia Academy in Brooklyn, New York. After a few years he came to Boston Latin School, where he became headmaster. In 1920 he was appointed Chairman of the Committee on Admissions of the University, and since then he has retained this position.

"I have absolutely nothing to say or to announce," Mr. Pennypacker said yesterday when interviewed in his office, "except to say that in my opinion there is no reason to suppose the world has come to an end just because we have lost a football game. The sun will shine again, you may be sure."