START THREE CRIMSON COMPETITIONS TUESDAY

COMPETITIONS WILL LAST FOR ELEVEN WEEKS

The last competition for the News, Business, and Photographic departments of the CRIMSON open to Sophomores will start with a meeting of all candidates in the Crimson Building next Tuesday, December 2, at 7 o'clock.

The competition will last for eleven weeks. The work will be lighter than in any other CRIMSON competition, since it is split up by Christmas vacation and the mid-year period. During the examination period candidates will be given plenty of time to prepare for their examinations and their work will accordingly be lightened.

Competition is on Point Basis

Requirements for the three departments differ widely. Candidates for the News Department are reporters. It is their task to get the news for each issue. The competition is conducted on a point basis. Scoops, which a man secures on his own initiative, count twice as much as assignments. News candidates have ample opportunity to meet and interview prominent leaders in all walks of life.

Business candidates will find that their work, which consists mainly in securing advertisements, brings them into close and intimate contact with business men of Boston. Photographic candidates need have no previous experience in photography. They will be taught the rudiments of taking pictures and will have experience in the dark room, developing pictures. Cameras need not be furnished by the candidates.

All candidates will meet in the President's Office in the Crimson Building on Plympton Street. Here President Cowles will say a few words, explaining the standards of the CRIMSON.