FEW BIG GAMES TODAY TO WORRY CRIMSON PROPHET

DARTMOUTH AND BOSTON COLLEGE FAVORED TO WIN

The Harvard-Princeton game holds the center of the football stage in the east today, with most of the major teams having a respite before entering the final stretch of the season. Yale, Brown, and Dartmouth all have prospects of fairly easy week ends, although Maryland may spring some such surprise on the Elis as she did last year. Boston College and Marquette, Holy Cross and Lehigh, Lafayette and Rutgers, and Bowdoin and Tufts are contests which appear from paper strength to be the most likely fields for upsets.

Tad Jones to Be in Stadium Today

Last fall Coach Tad Jones journeyed to Princeton to watch the Tigers tackle the Crimson, without a worry about the ability of his powerful Yale eleven to make short work of Maryland. The Southerners, however, had ideas of their own on the subject, and proceeded to outplay the Elis for the greater part of the game, finally losing out by a scant 16-14 margin after giving the New Haven crowd its biggest scare of the season. This year Coach Jones will again leave his charges to their own devices to come to Cambride, but it is safe to say that he will await with more than ordinary interest the announcement of the clarion-voiced Eddie teling that "at the end of the se-cund pee-riud of the Yay-ele-Mary-land game, the sco-ere stands--"

Maryland Less Dangerous This Year

It is hardly likely, however, that Maryland can repeat its 1923 performance. Losses from graduation and ineligibility have been heavy, and if Yale plays up to form the visitors will do well to hold the Blue to three touchdowns. Yale has, to be sure, failed to show much of a scoring offense so far, but the power is there, and the season is reaching the stage where the latent power should begin to show. As a dress-rehearsal for the Princeton game a week hence, today's encounter will hardly be satisfactory unless the Blue eleven rolls up a substantial margin.

Haskell Indians Still on Warpath

The colorful Haskell Indians were more or less of a disappointment against Boston College last week, and Brown ought to find them as pliable as the Eagles did. If the Bruins attempt to save their headline performers for Harvard, the score may be close, but otherwise the Providence aggregation ought to win by a three touchdown margin. The Indians were constantly threatening to tally last week and did succeed in putting one score over. They are very likely to register one touchdown this afternoon.

Boston University's trick passing attack will probably prove little against Dartmouth. The Green defense of the air approaches was keen against the Crimson, and the B. U. heaves last week showed little deception once the defense caught on to what was to be expected. The Terriers may score today, but they cannot possibly win. A Dartmouth victory by four touchdowns is probably not an over-generous allowance.

Boston College Out for Revenge

Boston College should beat Marquette, their conquerors of last season. The Eagles are screaming louder than ever of the showing of Darling and his mates, and apparently not without cause. Marquette has lost the brilliant Dunn, who was the main thorn in B. C.'s side a season ago, and in other respects is hardly up to the 1923 standard The Heights eleven will have a hard battle, however and will need the breaks in order to win.

Lafayette and Rutgers and Bowdoin and Tufts are practically pay-your-money-and-take-your-choice propositions. Picking Lafayette to win is logical but unsafe. It is an excellent game not to bet on. Tufts ought to down Bowdoin, but the Maine team has the habit of trampling on Tufts when it cannot beat anyone else. The Medford college will have to upset a persistent jinx in order to win.