MAHAN TO ADDRESS BASEBALL CANDIDATES AT VARSITY CLUB

About 70 Diamond Aspirants Gather Tonight--Plans to Be Outlined

Coach E. W. Mahan '16 will formally take the reins of the 1925 baseball team at a meeting of the aspirants of the nine at the Varsity Club tonight at 7 o'clock. About 70 baseball players have been asked to attend this meeting.

Coach Mahan's duties as assistant coach of the football team prevented his taking charge of the fall baseball drill. Except for a brief talk on the first day of fall practice, he has made no appearance in his new capacity as Coach Slattery's successor. Tonight he will sketch the plans for the indoor work this winter and for the spring season. Business has detained Battery Coach Fred Mitchell in New York and last night it was expected that he would be unable to attend the meeting.

Dr. Channing Frothingham '02, chairman of the baseball Graduate Advisory Committee, and W. F. Reid Jr. '01, a member of the committee, will stress the importance of the players' keeping off probation at the mid-years. Henry Pennypacker '88, chairman of the Athletic Committee, and T. J. Campbell '12. Assistant Treasurer of the H. A. A., will be present and may speak briefly.