Cogan and Bullard to Introduce Crimson Counterpart of Yale "Undertaker's Song" at Freshman Smoker Monday

No longer will Harvard men be forced to sit in silence and bear the sad drones of the Yale "Undertaker's Song." B. S. Cogan '23, ex-president of the University Glee Club, has written an answer to the melancholy wail which has chilled Harvard spectators at many Harvard Yale football games.

Cogan's new song will be formaly introduced when he and R. P. Bullard '24. 1924 Class Chorister, sing at the Freshman Smoker at the Union Monday night. The song is said to have a short, quick time, which, when sung by the cheering body will strike terror into the hearts of the opponents.

Cogan is the author of both the lyric and the music. But when interviewed last night, he declared that the work of composition was not difficult, as there are but three notes in the tune.

As yet the song has not been named.

The words are as follows:

"Johnie Harvard has no Bulldog.

"Johnie Harvard has Big Gun.

"Johnie Harvard shoot the Bulldog.

"Oh! See the Bullday run.

Chorus

"Oh, Johnie Harvard.

"Oh, see him run.

"Oh, Johnie Harvard.

"Johnie Harvard shoot that gun!"

The song may be altered to suit the opponent. "Tiger" may be substituted for "Bulldog" when playing Princeton: "Brown Bear" when Harvard opposes Brown: or "Indian" when Dartmouth is the opponent.