COLLEGE COMICS OF EAST VISIT LAMPOON

Wits Already Beginning to Assemble--Others Come Today -- Sherwood, Broun, and Benchley Send Regrets

Prominent alumni, the representatives from other college humorous magazines, and the present members of the Lampoon board will make merry during today and tomorrow when the first annual convention of the Associated College Comics of the East assembles at the Lampoon Building.

Among the celebrities, present will be James Montgomery Flagg and Gluyas Williams '11, Heywood Broun '10 and Robert C. Benchley '12 were also on the invited list but were unable to accept.

Late last night the Lampoon received a telegram from R. E. Sherwood '17 saying that on account of illness in his family he would be prevented from attending the convention as he had planned.

Swan Will Be Toastmaster

Carrol J. Swan '01 will act as toast-master at the luncheon which will follow a short business session this morning. The speakers who are to make informal talks are W. W. Scott '25, president of the Lampoon. J. T. Wheelright '76, Professor W. W. Prescott of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, P. M. Hollister '13, Professor G. P. Winship '93, R. K. Leavitt '17, Captain Guiseppe Marino, James Montgomery Flagg, C. C. Peirce, J. R. Chandler '01, C. C. Gilman, H. S. McDevitt, George Britt and Gluyas Williams '11. After the luncheon, the various committees will convene for a short business session.

Juggling and singing acts from the Keith vaudeville circuit will entertain the delegates and guests at dinner tonight and an orchestra has been engaged for the evening.

Stage Stars Expected Tomorrow

Tomorrow's program includes more committee meetings and convention business in charge of the executive committee. Several stage stars are expected to be present at the 1 o'clock dinner which will conclude the session.

The delegates from College Humor, College Life, the Yale Record, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology Voodoo, and the Dartmouth Jack o' Lantern arrived last night. The rest of the delegates are expected to arrive in Cambridge this morning in time for the first committee meetings.

Besides the magazines mentioned above, the convention includes representatives from the following publications: The Brown University Brown Jug, the Cornell Widow, the Pennsylvania Punch Bowl, the Princeton Tiger; the Hamilton College Royal Gaboon, the Pitt Panther, the Lehigh Burr, the Columbia Jester, the Rutgers Chanticleer, the Johns Hopkins Black and Blue Jay, the Carnegie Tech Puppet, the New York University Medley, the Boston University Bean Pot, the Williams Purple Cow, the Middlebury Baboon, the Amherst Lord Jeff, the Wesleyan Wasp, the Lafayette Liar and the Stevens Stone Mill.