MARTIN AND MURPHY ARE 1925 PUDDING AUTHORS

INSTITUTE AMALGAMATION GIVES MORE MATERIAL FOR CAST

The Hasty Pudding Club announced last night that W. S. Martin '26 and J. C. Murphy '25 will write the 1925 Pudding Show.

Coach Louis Silvers, who arrived in Cambridge yesterday, and the other judges reached their decision only after the greatest difficulty. Mr. Silvers said: "The play which has been chosen this year will be well able to compete with the best we have had in the past. In fact all the plays submitted were of a very high grade."

In regard to the choosing of the cast, Coach Silvers said: "Due to the combination of the Institute of 1770 with the Hasty Pudding, we have much more material from which to choose than ever before. Moreover, for the first time Sophomores are eligible to compete. This year we have three candidates instead of three vacancies, as we did last year, for each part. This will mean a lot of work for everybody. It will be a 'survival of the fittest' in the most literal sense of the phrase."

Last year the club received the assistance of Mr. George M. Cohan, famous musical comedy writer, with the book of the play, and this year Coach Silvers said that it would have the best of professional assistance in the production.

"It will have all the benefits that Broadway experience can give it," he declared.

During Coach Silvers' stay here there will be several meetings with the lyricists and composers, when further and more detailed plans concerning the show will be decided upon. This afternoon at 3 o'clock there will be a meeting of the whole staff with Coach Silvers.

All men who wrote plays that were rejected have been asked by the management to compose a ten-minute skit on any subject. The skit selected from those contributed will be used in the play.