1926!

With the announcement of the plans of the 1926 Senior Dormitory Committee, juniors will begin to give serious thought to their rooming problem for next year. The prospect of obtaining rooms in remodeled Massachusetts or the new Holden dormitories will doubtless tempt a wholesome rivalry for these vantage points, but may also make the older Yard dormitories appear less desirable. The supercomforts of the Freshman halls, added to the freedom of living for two years where one pleased, may have produced fastidious tastes. The gradual approach to senior's state may have worn away the thrill which, three years earlier, greeted the thought of issuing in cap and gown from tradition-riddled Hollis or Holworthy.

Should taste or sentiment argue nothing, the Junior may yet be induced to take his chances for the Yard dormitories by the thought that the last year of his college residence draws near, and his acquaintance with the men of his class is, at best, very meager. Harvard is the university par excellence of the individual. The much mooted question of Harvard indifference very largely explains itself through the emphasis placed upon the sacred right of a man to be himself, even to the point of being thought queer for it. But individualism like other virtues, becomes a vice when carried too far.

To create that healthy group feeling which grows out of friendship, custom reserves certain of the Yard dormitories for seniors. It is hoped that members of the class of 1926 will take full advantage of its enlarged opportunity to get together as a class once more before the wide world swallows them up.