1924 SOCCER TEAM WAS BEST ELEVEN IN YEARS

Team Finishes in Fourth Place in Intercollegiate League -- Crowning Achievement Victory Over Yale

The University soccer team this year had the most successful season in the Intercollegiate Soccer League in four years. The team finished in fourth place in the league of six teams, having two victories and three defeats to its credit.

The team won victories over Yale and Cornell in league tilts, and over Amburst and Dartmouth in non-league contests.

Yale Game Was Climax

In the Yale encounter Coach White's men reached their greatest height when they defeated Yale 2-1 in New Haven on November 21. In this encounter the University men clearly outplayed their rivals in all departments of the game. The team also played well against Springfield College which was the best team it faced. This game was lost by the score of 1-0, but the Springfield players had to extend themselves to the utmost to win.

The Amherst and Dartmouth teams offered the University booters little opposition.

Many Teams Hurt by Graduates

Coach White is very optimisic over the team's chances for the Intercollegiate League title next year. Graduation will deprive him of only four men who started the Yalye game. The other members of the League are not so lucky, for each will lose about eight men. The entire 11 men on the championship Pennsylvania team will leave next June.

Spring practice is scheduled to start during the first week in April if the weather is suitable, considerably earlier than last year. Several practice games will be played during this time with teams from around Boston.