CRIMSON OFFERS 1927 LAST OPPORTUNITY

Dean Whitney Praises Crimson Work--"Great Teacher of Time Saving" He Says--Work Made Easy at Mid-Years

Members of the class of 1927 will have their last opportunity to make either the News, Business, or Photographic Boards of the CRIMSON in the competition which opens with a meeting at 7 o'clock in the Crimson Building tonight.

"It is a truism," said Assistant Dean E. A. Whitney '17, former President of the CRIMSON, when asked what benefit he had derived from his CRIMSON experience yesterday, "that we go to college to learn. And we go to learn many things that are not to be found in books. Among others we must learn to make the best use of our time.

"Any successful man will admit that he could never have achieved success without learning from the very start to use his time in the most efficient and economical way. This it seems to me is one of the greatest and most lasting benefits to be derived from such a competition as that of the CRIMSON.

Teaches Student To Organize Time

"No man can possibly be successful in it who does not at an early stage learn to organize his time so as to make every minute of it count. Most of the men who are in difficulties with their academic work are not in any way incapable of doing it, but, amid other distractions have not yet been able to organize their time so as to have enough for all the things they are trying to do.

"This the CRIMSON certainly teaches its competitors, for it, like the world in general, has not place for men who 'cannot find time to do their work. For this reason, if for no other, the CRIMSON offers a real training to those who go out for it and performs a real service to the college by stressing the all-important principle of making every minute count."

As already announced the competition in all departments will last for eleven weeks. Candidates for the news department will have to write up the news, day by day. Business candidates for the news department will have to secure advertisements and do a minimum of office work. Photographic candidates will take pictures of athletic events and persons prominent in the daily news. They will not be required to furnish their own equipment.

This competition is the easiest of the three that are held annually. It is split up by the Christmas vacation, which provides a pleasant interlude, and by the mid-year examination period, during which time candidates will be afforded ample time to prepare for their examinations. Although the work is harder than what is required of manager candidates it is far more interesting.