BELIEVES BRITISH MINISTRY SHOULD RECOGNIZE RUSSIA

Professor Lord Says Pressure Will be Brought Upon New Cabinet

When asked yesterday by a CRIMSON reporter to comment upon the pending recognition of Soviet Russia by the new British ministry, Prof. R. R. Lord '06, Associate Professor of History, said: "I am confident that the recognition will come soon. Enough pressure will be brought to bear upon the new government to force the issue. It is one more step toward bringing Russia back into the family of nations, and I am heartily in favor of it"

"Do you think that England's attitude will affect the position of the United States" asked the Interviewer.

"Not in the slightest," was Professor Lord's decided response "Secretary Huches has very definite views on the subject views that will not change easily.

"There are two main objections to the recognition of the Soviet government propaganda in this country a bad thing if true, but probably exaggerated. Moreover it has failed to fulfill its informational obligations by repudiating its debts. That, however, is just a case of not having the money with which to pay, a situation which exists in more than one European country."