MUCH ADO

Like the fabulous hedge hog, the well-known "Cap and gown" agitation pokes its nose through the frozen ground about this time of every year, and promptly retires, to prolong its hibernation until the last possible moment. The agitation is due to the worthy but usually unsuccessful effort of the Class Committee to get an inert and rebellious Senior Class properly begowned and be-capped at least soon enough for the Class picture.

It immediately becomes apparent that there is nothing to say on this subject, except that almost everybody looks unusually silly in a cap and gown, and that therefore, public opinion should deny any man the advantage of remaining without this outfit after the majority have succumbed to the exhortations of the Committee and equipped themselves. And since shrewd students of economics may be able to figure out that $10 at the last minute is cheaper than $9.50 during the period of grace, considering interest at six per cent, compounded weekly, the inducement for early ordering should be made more sensational say $9 before the first of April and $27 thereafter. Such a regulation might have a distinctly salutary effect.