AWARD R. T. JONES STRAIGHT GOLF "H"

Allen, Watters, and Tibbetts Win Track "H" for English Trip--Chapin Also Rewarded for B. A. A. Performance

The recommendation for the reappointment of R. T. Fisher '12 as head football coach, the award of track "H's" to the B. A. A. relay team and to three sophomores who took part in the Oxford-Cambridge meet last year, and the award of a straight golf "H" to R. T. Jones '24 for winning the National Open Championship stood out as features of Wednesday night's Committee meeting. The report made public at the H. A. A. last night included the usual approval of schedules and award of insignia.

In accord with the unanimous recommendation of the Football Advisory Committee it was voted to reappoint Coach Fisher anl to instruct the chairman to express the appreciation of the committee of his work in the past and their confidence in him.

Hesitate to Set Precedent

R. G. Allen '26, J. N. Watters '26, and W. L. Tibbetts '26 were awarded the track "H" for their work in the Oxford-Cambridge meet, with the specific understanding that this action should not be considered a precedent for the award of the "H" without discrimination to men who might make the international Track Team.

W. L. Chapin '25 was voted an "H" for his work on the winning relay team against Yale at the B. A. A. meet with Allen, Watters, and Cutcheon, who had already won their letters. These awards were made upon the recommendation of the Track Advisory Committee.

Jones Award Unexpected

The award of a golf "H" to R. T. Jones '24 for winning the Open National Golf Championship in 1923 came as somewhat of a surprise in view of the fact that Jones, through the one-year rule, had never been able to represent the University in intercollegiate competition. In commenting upon the award Major F. W. Moore '93 stated that despite allegations to contrary in the press, such an action was well within the rights of the committee. He did not, he said, fear that it would establish a dangerous precedent.

It was voted to send a five-man squash racquets team to New York for matches on February 16 and 17.

A spring trip for the Freshman baseball team was approved including games with Pomfret, Loomis, Hotchkiss, and Choate on successive days beginning April 16.

It was voted to approve the combining of the University and Freshman track meets with both Yale and Princeton.

It was also voted that the chairman, the Dean of the College, and the Graduate Treasurer be appointed as a committee with authority to act in emergency cases on schedules.

The following awards were made as recommended by the Student Council:

That the football "H" be awarded to the men who played in the Harvard-Yale Game on November 24, 1923:

Standish Biadiord '24, M. A. Cheek '26, P. F. Coburn ocC., J. L. Combs '26, R. F. Cordingley '25, W. E. Crosby '24, J. L. Donovan '24, H. T. Dunker '25, C. A. C. Eastman ocC., Earl Evans '25, Lewis Gordon '24, M. W. Greenough '25, H. S. Grew '24, J. W. Hammond '25, K. N. Hill '24, A. L. Hobson '24, C. J. Hubbard '24, Perey Jenkins '24, F. K. Kernan '24, J. J. Lee '24, L. B. Lockwood '24, J. C. McGlone '26, K. S. Pfaffmann '24, Philip Spaulding '25, to the Manager, J. H. Sherburne '24 and also to L. R. Nichols '24, who did not play, at the recommendation of Coach Fisher and Captain Hubbard.

That numerals be awarded to the men who played in the Harvard-Yale Freshman Football Game:

C. E. Bohlen, G. M. Bond, M. H. Clifford, C. D. Coady, L. J. Colby, L. F. Daley, J. R. Dean, J. B. Durant, Nathaniel Hamlen, D. J. Kepner, B. L. Kilgour, A. H. Miller, Geoffrey Platt, Reginald Porter, J. N. Robinson, J. O. Rosecrans, S. S. Rudman, R. S. Savory, R. S. Scott, E. T. Sexton, A. E Smith, G. Stewart, J. B. Upton, F. W. Welch, Isadore Zarakov, to the Manager, J. R. Burke, the Assistant Manager, F. V. Field, and to W. P. Ellison, who was injured before the Yale Game.

That Soccer insignia be awarded to the men who played in the Harvard-Yale Soccer Game November 27:

L. J. Barnes '26, C. R. Brooks '26, G. D. Dorman '25, Harry Eldridge '24, H. F. Fitton '24, H. P. Furber '25, H. M. Gaston '24, R. M. C. Greenidge 4E. S., Corliss Lamont '24, W. T. Pattison '25, Alexis deTarnowsky 2E. S., W. N. Tuttle '24, R. S. Wright '26, and to the Manager, W. M. Rosenbaum '24.

That Freshman Soccer insignia be awarded to the men who played in the Harvard-Yale Freshman Soccer Game, November 23:

F. F. Boyce, R. B. Burnett, J. C. Cooley, K. B. Crooks, W. B. Dunne, H. S. Gans, W. R. Gherardi, H. G. Goodhue, T. E. Hale, Jacques Herling, J. A. MacKinnon. Richard Morey, R. L. Pruyn, J. M. Stern, R. H. Thomas, S. D. Woodard, and to the Manager, E. W. Mudge.

That the Track "H" be awarded to A. L. Coburn Jr. for second place in the Harvard-Yale-Princeton Cross Country Race.

That the "CHC" be awarded to the first five Harvard men in the Harvard-Yale-Princeton Cross Country Race:

A. L. Coburn Jr. '24, B. T. Cutchson '25, J. N. Watters '26, W. L. Chapin Jr. '25, L. W. Crossman '26, to the Manager, W. E. Collins Jr. '24, and to L. W. Ryan '26, second scoring Harvard man in the I. C. A. A. A. A. Meet.

That the "C1927C" be awarded to:

B. E. Swede, E. C. Haggerty, H. L. Smyth Jr., B. L. Jacobs, R. Gordon, and to S. L. Kelsey, Manager.

That Freshman Wrestling insignia be awarded to R. G. Landers.

That the following managership appointments be approved:

C. McG. Wells '26, second assistant University football, and G. W. Foster '26, second assistant second team football.

J. A. Velde '26, second assistant soccer.

S. L. Kelsey '27, manager, and S. E. Gleason '27, assistant manager, Freshman cross-country.

W. G. Soule '25, assistant second team hockey.

R. G. Landers '27, manager, and H. M. Kullman, assistant manager, Freshman wrestling.

H. L. Kempner '24, University golf.

E. L. Hunt '25, assistant University squash.

R. P. Cromwell '25, University rifle.

W. C. Ladd '26, second assistant University crew.

J. R. Burke '27, manager, F. V. Field '27, assistant manager, George Higginson, '27, second assistant manager, Freshman football.

Austin Lamont '27, L. H. Duggan '27, and O. A. Spalding '27, Freshman dormitory football managers.

The following schedules were approved:

University Soccer

October 3.--Springfield (tentative).

October 10.--Amherst (tentative).

October 18.--Penn at Philadelphia.

October 24.--Dartmouth.

November 1.--Cornell.

November 8.--Princeton.

November 15.--Williams (tentative).

November 21.--Yale.

November 29.--Haverford at Philadelphia (tentative).

University Lacrosse

April 12.--Alumni.

April 14 to 17.--Practice at Syracuse.

April 18.--Hobart at Geneva.

April 19.--Cornell at Ithaca.

April 26.--Boston Lacrosse Club.

May 3.--Princeton at Princeton.

May 7.--New York University.

May 9.--Union.

May 17.--Colgate at Hamilton.

May 24.--Yale.

Freshman Lacrosse

May 24.--Yale at New Haven.

Freshman Fencing

March 8.--Northeastern University.

March 15.--M. I. T.

March 22.--Andover.

March 29.--Yale.

Freshman Football

October 11.--Andover.

October 18.--Exeter at Exeter.

October 25.--Worcester Academy.

November 1.--Roxbury School.

November 8.--Princeton at Princeton.

November 15.--Yale.

The following additions to schedules were approved:

University Baseball

April 9.--Seton Hall College.

June 4.--Rhode Island State, if there is no game with Princeton.

Second Baseball

May 3.--Exeter at Exeter.

May 16.--Wentworth Institute.

May 19.--St. John's Prep.

The second team baseball game with Worcester Academy was changed from May 3 to 7 and the one with Dean Academy from May 24 to May 23.

The New England Intercollegiate Wrestling Meet was changed from Cambridge to Providence. It will be field on March 14 and 15