SQUASH TEAM GAINS TWO VICTORIES IN NEW YORK

Whitewashes Both Racquet and Tennis and University Clubs--Drops Only 5 Games During 2 Contests

The Harvard Squash team's invasion of New York territory ended in complete victory yesterday afternoon when the Massachusetts champions defeated the University Club five matches to nothing, after vanquishing the Racquet and Tennis Club by the same score on Saturday. In its ten matches on the Manhattan courts the Crimson aggregation lost only five games, three of which were dropped to the University Club combination.

This team was accounted one of the strongest in the New York district and had conquered the English visiting team. Its captain and number one man, Ells, is rated a racquet-wizard in New York Circles and his teammates were veteran players.

Dixon Hard-Pressed at First

Captain W. P. Dixon '25 was hard pressed in his first game with Ells, but thereafter played his most brilliant game and won comfortably 17-14, 15-10, 15-11. Harrington's experience was much the same. He barely nosed out his opponent Gilmore in the first game but gained in power as the match progressed, winning 15-13, 15-11, 15-6.

G. D. Debevoise '26 had the most difficult time. He dropped his second and third games and seemed about to lose the match to Mills, but came back in the fourth game and won 15-11, 5-15, 8-15, 15-11, 15-8. Glessner and Upjohn scored easy victories over their opponents.

Down Racquet and Tennis Club

In the session on Saturday afternoon, the University team whitewashed the New York Racquet and Tennis Club by a five to nothing score. In the course of the five individual matches, the Crimson racquet wielders dropped only two games.

Captain Dixon had little trouble in trouncing in straight games A. G. Macllwaine, No. 1 man for the New Yorkers and considered one of the best players in the metropolitan district. In spite of the two games taken by their opponents, the other four Harvard men won their matches handily and by decisive scores.

Last year the Cambridge players defeated the same opponents by the same score, but dropped four games in doing so.