THE WEEK AT HARVARD

Radical shifts in organization of several undergraduate activities were under consideration by the Student Council at its meeting last Wednesday. The proposal that major sport managers should manage their teams in the Junior instead of the Senior year was thoroughly discussed, and then turned over to a committee, headed by B. McK. Henry '24.

The Council also considered the reduction of its own membership from 35 to 15, believing the smaller number would provide for more efficient work. The 15 members would be elected by the College at large, instead of receiving their seats ex-officio, as do the present Councilmen.

Finally, the Council appointed a committee, with Gardner Cowles Jr. '25 as chairman, to investigate the advisability of adding Matthews or Weld Halls to the list of Yard dormitories reserved for Seniors.

On Tuesday the Freshman class went to the polls and chose officers for the year. Leo Francis Daley, football captain, was elected president; Clement Duane Coady, hockey captain, vice-president; John Randolph Burke, football manager, secretary-treasurer; and Isadore Zarakov, football star, student council member.

The long-awaited announcement of the Advocate's dry competition was made yesterday, proclaiming Miss Katherine Welling of New York the winner, with "Spigot-Bigot" the prize word.

The Anti-Republican boom found echo in the University on Thursday afternoon when the Harvard Democratic Club organized and began to lay plans for taking on active part in the coming presidential campaign.

The winter competition for the CRIMSON board ended Thursday evening with the election of H. M. Hart '26, R. H. Field '26, and Cornelius Du Bois '26 to the News Department, C. W. Hillard '26 to the Business Department, and H. G. Bradlee Jr. '26 to the Photographic Department.

In the athletic world, the most noteworthy single event was the elevation of polo to the status of a minor sport. All members of the College and Engineering School are invited to compete for places on the team.

The University baseball season was officially ushered in with a meeting of team candidates Monday evening. Only three of last year's regulars are left to form the nucleus for the 1924 nine.

The unfortunate basketball team added another black mark to its already long list of defeats. The New Hampshire State five proved a little too strong for the Crimson men, and took the long end of a 33-30 score, in spite of a determined Crimson rally which caged fire goals in the last five minutes of play.