STADIUM QUARTERBACK TO LEAD R. I. STATE ON COURT

CRIMSON HAS LOST FOUR GAMES IN A ROW

The Crimson five, determined to emerge from the rut of defeat, will be in a mood boding ill for their opponents when they face the Rhode Island State quintet at Hemenway this evening.

Four setbacks in as many starts is at best an unimpressive record, but in the case of Coach Wachter's quintet it does not denote excessive weakness. In passing through the most difficult week of its schedule the University five lost to three Intercollegiate League teams in succession only after leading for the greater part of each battle. Saturday's 27-24 defeat from Amherst was a far poorer showing, even though a substitute line-up was used, for the visitors were a weak combination that should have been easily routed.

Failed on Foul-Shooting

Though the four losses have been by an average margin of four points, the fact remains that they have been losses, and continued defeats, even defeats with honor become discouraging. Considerable criticism is inevitable, and a certain amount of it is just. The most glaring Crimson faults have been a woeful weakness in foul shooting, which has been the most important factor in several defeats; and the seeming inability to hold a lead in the closing minutes of a game.

Potentially a winning team, the University five has so far failed to realize its possibilities. Its followers feel that a decisive victory just now might start it on the right road. Tonight will furnish an opportunity for such a victory.

The Rhode Island invaders are, however, no lambs ready for the slaughter, but a team which will give Coach Wachter's best combination some uneasy moments. On their one trip to Greater Boston this season they held the strong Tufts five even throughout the game and lost 29 to 28 in the last minute of play. G. Haslam, quarterback on the Rhode Island eleven that ushered in the Stadium gridiron season last fall, is the mainstay of the visitors' attack. Harvard  R. I. State Smith; r.f.  l.g., Pinto Gordon, l.f.  r.g., Jansen Rauh, c.  c. J. Haslam Samborski, r.g.  l.f., Hudson Rudofsky, l.g.  r.f., G. Haslam