Officer Says Crimson Scooped Cambridge Police Force On One-Way Street Ordinances--No Arrests for a While

"The prohibition law is awfully hard on students," said Officer Joseph Parks of the Cambridge police force when accosted by a CRIMSON reporter in the small hours of yesterday morning on his Mount Auburn Street beat. "An exception ought to be made allowing them to keep something in their rooms for medicinal purposes.

"Some of them do, anyhow," continued Officer Parks, "but then they are just college men. I used to know a man who lived down here by the church who worked in the Yard every spring raking leaves. He told me whenever I saw him that he was a Harvard graduate and not ashamed of it.

"Education is a great thing in its way, but just look at Mayor Curley and see what he has accomplished in spite of his lack of education. And he's a grand orator too.

"What was it you asked me first? Oh, yes. The police didn't receive official notice to enforce the one-way ordinance on Linden, Holyoke, and Plympton Streets until the evening after the CRIMSON got hold of it. You scooped us on it. No, we won't make any arrests yet until the signs are planted, and that will depend on which politician at the City Hall gets the contract."