1926 Officers, Bewildered by Freshman's Official Duties, Plan Booklet of Instructions for Use of 1927 Successors

The incoming officers of the class of 1927 will have their tasks lightened by an innovation which the executive committee of the Class of 1926 hopes will become a permanent custom and one of Harvard's traditions. It became known last night that under the leadership of M. A. Cheek Jr. '26, President of the class last year, a bound collection of the reports of all last year's Freshman officers and committees will be placed in the hands of the newly-elected 1927 President.

These reports will be typed and bound in booklet form. It contains the reports and recommendations of the President, Vice-president, Secretary treasurer, and Student Council Member; of the Chairmen of the Finance, Jubilee, Entertainment, and Smoker Committees, of the three Dormitory Committees; and of the Literary, Photographic, Business and Arts and Cuts departments of the Red Book, as well as of the Editor-in-chief.

The causes that brought about the new scheme, and the motives of its founders are best expressed in the following foreword to the booklet:

"We, the members of the Class of 1926, found an utter dearth of information concerning our duties which made our tasks doubly difficult. We hope that such a situation will never again arise and that each class will follow our example, so that in succeeding years Freshman Executive Committees may look over the reports of those who have gone before, take advantage of their suggestions, and profit by their mistakes."

If the appropriation for the booklet is sufficient, copies will be made to be filed with the Student Council, and to be placed for reference in the Freshman Hall Common Rooms.