P. B. H. WILL ENTER NEW FIELD SATURDAY

Phillips Brooks House Committee Plans to Interest Adults in Problems of Modern Youth

The first deputation trips in the history of the University will be taken by two groups of undergraduates next Saturday and Sunday under the auspices of the Phillips Brooks House.

"The object of these deputations is to stimulate in young people high ideals and standards of living and to interest adults in the problems of the modern youth," according to a statement made yesterday by the deputations committee, which is headed by A. D. Phillips '26. The aim is in no sense of the word to preach, but to present in a straightforward manner the importance of right living and right thinking.

Plans For Season Outlined

The committee plans to send deputation teams every weekend throughout February and March to various Massachusetts cities and towns. No itinerary has yet been made, and the plans are still in a formative state, but arrangements for the first two trips are complete. They may, according to the committee, be taken as a model for future trips, which will vary only in the minor details.

A group comprised of M. A. Cheek Jr. '26, E. W. Martin '26, and A. D. Phillips '26 will leave Cambridge Saturday afternoon for Leominster, Mass. That evening they will get acquainted with the people of the town through a community social. At the Sunday morning service at the Methodist Episcopal Church Martin will make a brief address. Sunday afternoon Cheek will speak to a gathering of men and boys on the subject "Fair Play". Sunday evening the group will separate, each man speaking in a different church.

A second team consisting of H. H. MacCubbin '26 D. LeB. Sweeney '26 and C. R. Brooks '26 will go on the same day to North Saugus, Mass. The program is similar to that of the Leominster group, save that there will be a banquet on Saturday night at which Brooks will speak. Brooks will also address the Sunday evening meeting. MacCubbin and Sweeney will speak at the morning church service and the men and boys' meeting respectively.