CRIMSON WILL MEET STIFFEST OPPOSITION IN MILE EVENT

Cornell Runners Will Make Strong Bid At Triangular Meet

When the University faces Dartmouth and Cornell in the annual indoor triangular track meet on Saturday, February 16, it will find some of its stiffest opposition in the mile event. An analysis of the entries of the visiting teams shows that all three of last year's place winners will be in the competition again this year.

E. B. Kirby of Cornell, R. P. Bullen of Cornell, and R. O. Udall of Dartmouth, who placed first, second, and third respectively last year, will all be in the running again. It was the absence of Captain J. W. Burke '23, who was occupied in winning the 600 and 1000 yard runs, which lost the University an opportunity to score in that meet. In the coming contest however, the presence of J. N. Watters '26 should mean that a repetition of that performance is by no no means a foregone conclusion. It will be Watter's first University mile so that his showing will be significant.

In the N. E. A. A. A. U. championships which will be held simultaneously with the triangular meet, will be entered the majority of those on the squad who are not competing in the latter. This meet will give the men whose showing has not yet brought them into prominence, an opportunity to display their ability in high-class competition.