FIVE CRIMSON MATMEN IN INTERCOLLEGIATE FINALS

BROWN AND M. I. T. ARE TEAMS OPPOSING HARVARD

Providence, R. I., March 14.--Three victories and two defeats fell to the lot of the University wrestling team in the semi-finals of the New England Intercollegiate Wrestling Championship tonight at Lyman Gymnasium, Brown University. Carl Stearns '26, Captain George Karelitz '24 and F. B. Hayne '26, who have been consistent winners all season, turned in victories over their opponents while F. B. Hill '26 and C. H. Bradford '26 were forced to concede decisions to heavier men.

Carl Stearns '26 in the 125-pound class won the decision from Lalumia, of Brown, whom he defeated in the dual meet early in the season. Grinnell of M. I. T. was the victim of Captain George Karelitz, wrestling in the 145-pound class, although Karelitz was unable to win a fall, In the 175-pound class, F. B. Hayne '26 added to his undefeated record by winning the decision from Captain Greer of M. I. T. F. B. Hill '26 was unable to overcome the thirteen pound advantage in weight of Hereford of M. I. T. and was thrown in 3 minutes and 40 seconds. Captain Spellman of Brown repeated his victory over C. H. Bradford '26 in the unlimited class.

Second Team Wins Three Bouts

The second team won three straight victories with no defeats in their bouts with the Brown and M. I. T. substitutes. Milton Krook '25, University champion in the 115-pound class, won the decision from Field of Brown, and in the next bout, A. J. Bornstein '25 defeated Cummings of M. I. T. T. W. Hoag '25, in the unlimited class, threw Coleman of M. I. T. in an exciting bout after seven minutes and five seconds of fast wrestling.

The University and M. I. T. will enter the final first team bouts tomorrow night with five men each and Brown will have the remaining four. If Stearns, Karelitz, and Hayne continue in the form they have shown so far they should logically be expected to come through with decisions tomorrow night. B. J. Goldberg '26 and Morris Mickelson '24, who entered the finals automatically, have each defeated their opponents earlier in the season and have a good chance of repeating them in spite of the improvement which both M. I. T. and Brown have shown.

The second team will monopolize five of the places in the finish for the cup, with Brown having four and M. I. T. one. There were no bouts in the 135 and 145-pound classes.

The summaries were as follows:

115-Pound Class.--Coyle (M. I. T.) won by decision from Brooks (B.)

125-Pound Class.--Carl Stearns '26 (H) won by decision from Lalumia (B).

135-Pound Class.--Norwood (M I T) won by decision from Peters (B) (overtime).

145-Pound Class.--George Karelitz 24 (H) (captain won by decision from Grinnell (M I T).

158-Pound Class.--Hereford (M I T) threw F. B. Hill '26 (H) in 3 minutes and 40 seconds.

175-Pound Class.--F. B. Hayne '26 (H) won the decision from Greer (M I T) (captain).

Unlimited Class.--Spellman (B) (captain) won the decision from C. H. Bradford '26 (H).