SPRING SPORT SCHEDULES INCLUDE 146 CONTESTS

FOLLOWING WEEK-END WILL ALSO BE LIVELY

Spring athletics will be initiated on April 5 by the baseball game against Boston University, and will continue steadily until the University and Freshman crews race Yale on June 20. Between these dates the various teams representing the University and Freshmen will compete in 146 contests.

Saturday, May 17, ranks at the top of the list for quantity of contests. The University baseball, track, and tennis teams, as well as the Freshman baseball and track teams, will play Princeton; the baseball games will be the only home contests of the three sports. Besides these there will be an interclass and intersquad open handicap track meet, a second team tennis match with Brown, and a lacrosse game with Colgate. The crews, however, will furnish most of the day's competition. Races will be staged at New Haven between the winning class crews of both colleges and the Freshman 150-pound crews. At Princeton the University 150-pound crew will race Yale and Princeton, Freshman fours will compete against Pomfret and St. Mark's, and the second and third Freshman crews against M. I. T. There will, furthermore, be an invitation open regatta on the Charles River for intermediate and Junior eights.

May 24 Another Big Day

The second Princeton baseball game, the crew race with Cornell, and the University and Freshman track meets with Yale will feature the following Saturday, May 24. The I. C. A. A. A. A. track games will be played at Soldiers Field on Friday and Saturday, May 30 and 31. On the corresponding days of the following week the Olympic tryouts are scheduled.

The two Yale baseball games will come on June 17 and 18, on the latter date at Cambridge. In case of a tie the deciding game will be played at New York on June 21. If no tie occurs the season will close when the University and Freshman crews race Yale at New London.