"GALLIPOLI" IS SUBJECT OF UNION TALK TONIGHT

IS AUTHOR OF BOOK DESCRIBING THAT CAMPAIGN

"Gallipoli" is the subject of a lecture to be given by Mr. John Gallishaw in the Faculty Room of the Union at 7.30 tonight.. Only members of the Union and their guests may attend this meeting.

Mr. Gallishaw, a Canadian by birth, was a student at the University in 1914. When the war broke out, he joined the Newfoundland Regiment, which was sent to England. The Regiment was then sent to Gallipoli. After the British attack, there were, out of the entire regiment, only 150 survivors.

He was so badly wounded that he was sent home as totally unfit for further service. He then entered Harvard but left for the front again, when the United States joined the war, in an American regiment.

Mr. Gallishaw is now studying at the University to become a writer. Already he has had a book published, "Trenching at Gallipoli" which is recognized as an authority on that disastrous campaign, one of the greatest blunders of the past war. Consequently, Mr. Gallishaw's intimate knowledge of the campaign should make his lecture doubly interesting.