TO DESCRIBE OPPORTUNITIES FOR WORK WITH BELL SYSTEM

Bridgman Will Discuss Non-Technical Aspects Today

An informal talk by Mr. D. S. Bridgman of the American Telephone and Telegraph Company will be given on the "Non-Technical Opportunities in the Bell System for Harvard Men" tonight at 7.30 in Harvard 1. Seniors and graduate students are especially invited, but the meeting will be open to all members of the University.

The technical aspects of the work of the System will be presented by Mr. G. W. McRae, Chief Engineer of the New York Telephone Company, in Pierce Hall, Room 202, at 2.15 this afternoon.

Today and tomorrow, employment representatives of the affiliated companies of the Bell System will conduct personal interviews with all men desiring to learn more of the System's activities as a field of work. For men in the College and the Business School, these conferences will be held in the Faculty Room of the Union, and for men in the Engineering School in Pierce Hall.

The Bell System, which is composed of the American Telephone and Telegraph Company, the associated operating telephone companies, and the Western Electric Company, has available this year a considerable number of positions affording a wide choice of work and location for qualified college men. These positions are in the fields of research and technical development, construction, engineering, supervision of telephone operations, manufacturing, installation, sales and distribution, accounts, finance, and statistics.

Although the growth of the Bell System during the last few years has been unprecedented, all indications point to the continuance of that growth and an increasing, rather than abating, demand for telephone service. Such a rate of growth, together with the increasing complexity of the telephone art, calls for new potential leadership in the technical, administrative and commercial fields of the System.