FRESHMEN GET ORGANIZED FOR SPRING ACTIVITIES

LAMONT WILL BE EDITOR OF RED BOOK

The chairmen of four of the five committees, appointed annually for the management of activities in the Freshman class, were announced last night by the 1927 class officers. The chairman of the Finance Committee will be chosen later by competition.

The appointments were as follows: Nathaniel Hamlen of Boston, chairman of the Jubilee Committee; B. L. Kilgour Jr. of Cincinnati, chairman of the Smoker Committee; C. R. Lundell of Dorchester, chairman of the Entertainment Committee; and Austin Lamont of New York, editor-in-chief of the Red Book. The departments of the Red Book will be headed as follows: F. V. Field of New York, editorial chairman; B. C. Boeckeler of St. Louis, photographic chairman; and M. H. Clifford of Bangor, Maine, business chairman. The arts and cuts chairman will be appointed later.

A meeting of the above men will be held at 6.30 today in Standish C-31.

The Executive Committee consists of the class officers, the assistant chairman of the Jubilee Committee, and the Chairman of each department of the Red Book.

This committee will send letters to thirty or forty members of the class to compete in the Finance Committee competition, the winner of which will be appointed chairman.