One Hundred Birthday Tributes to Eliot on Exhibition at Widener; Messages Came From May Prominent Societies

More than 100 of the nearly 300 addresses and messages of greeting presented to President Eliot at Sanders Theatre on the 90th anniversary of his birthday have been put on exhibition in the Treasure Room of Widener Library, where they will remain until Saturday.

The messages placed on view were received by President Eliot from the Corporation and the Board of Overseers, from the faculties of the University, form Harvard Clubs all over this country and abroad, from men prominent in public life including the prime minister of Canada, and from various learned societies, colleges and universities.

Some of the gifts which President Eliot received are also included in the exhibition. Among them are a drawing of Harvard Hall in the New York Harvard Club, presented by the Club; the volume bearing the name of John Eliot, the Apostio of the Indians, a gift from Dr. James B. Munn '12 of New York; and an autograph of Sir Walter Mildmay, the founder of Emmanuel College, given to President Eliot by Mr. Issac N. Lewis '73.