OUTDOOR EXERCISE IN ORDER FOR ALL FRESHMEN

Extraordinarily Large Number Elect Tennis For Spring Sport--All Men To Sign Up Today In Wadsworth House

Beginning with the opening of college after the spring recess, all Freshman physical training will be conducted out of doors. No exceptions will be made except to those men who have not yet passed their swimming test, and to manager candidates who find it necessary to get their exercise during morning periods.

For these latter men the usual squash sections will be conducted. Boyd Dunbar '25 will be in charge of these sections, which are intended solely for manager candidates, and which will be conducted from 11 to 1 o'clock every day except Sunday.

An extraordinarily large number of Freshmen have signified their intention of electing tennis as their spring sport, and overflow sections have already been organized. This demand will necessitate using the new courts which are being constructed inside the running track on Soldiers' Field. Dennis Enwright has announced that every effort will be made to have these courts in shape by the end of the spring vacation.

Since all Freshmen will be required to take some form of outdoor exercise after the vacation, they will be required to sign a card announcing their intention, and leave it with Miss Sharkey in the offices of the Department of Physical Education in Wadsworth House before this afternoon at 2 o'clock. Activities which Freshmen may elect include crew, both dormitory and singles, dormitory baseball, track, lacrosse, tennis, and handball. Men in the Military Science department have the privilege of electing equitation as their form of required exercise.