ATHELETES WILL GATHER AT C. M. T. C. MEETING

COLONEL WON D.S.C. AND D.S.M. IN GREAT WAR

This afternoon at 4.15 o'clock, athletes from practically every organized sport in the University will assemble in the Stadium to hear Colonel Winship. Officer in Charge of C. M. T. C. Affairs, to discuss plans for a summer military camp.

Coach R. T. Fisher '12 is actively interested in the proposed project, and is doing all in his power to enlist a general support of the summer military camp idea by men in the University.

Colonel Winship is especially desirous of securing support for this project from athletes in the University, believing that their influence will be a deciding factor in securing a more general support. But the meeting this afternoon will not be confined only to athletes, for Coach Fisher has issued a call to all men in the University who may be interested to attend and hear Colonel Winship speak on military camps and their relation to the college man.

Colonel Winship has a brilliant war record, going to France shortly after the declaration of war, serving on General Pershing's Staff, and subsequently commanding two different regiments in major engagements. He was wounded in action, and decorated with the D. S. C. for gallantry. He has also been awarded the D. S. M. for exceptional meritorious and conspicuous service during the World War. Assigned to duty as a member of the Reparations Commission after the war, he returned to the United States last December after seven years abroad and given the important assignment which he now holds.