ALTERED 1927 BASEBALL TEAM OPPOSES CUSHING

BOOTH OR GATES ON MOUND FOR FIRST YEAR MEN

With the line-up changed by the lifting of the probation ban yesterday, Captain Zarakov will lead his team against Cushing Academy at 4 o'clock this afternoon, eager to repeat the overwhelming victory of last year's Freshman nine. Cushing was snowed under by an avalanche of 19 hits with as many runs last year, but with a stronger team, the Academy nine may turn the tables on the Freshmen this afternoon.

Two Veterans in Visitors Line-up

Urreula, behind the plate, and Conway at short stop, will be the only veterans on the Cushing team Conway not only distinguished himself against the 1926 nine last year, but against Suffield Academy, last Saturday, he produced a timely bingle in the ninth inning with two out and two men on bases, which converted a seemingly hopeless defeat into a 10 to 9 victory. The Freshman team will have no easy afternoon and it may quite possibly find some very serious opposition.

Two New Men in 1927 Infield

The lifting of probation has strengthened the 1927 nine considerably. Willard Howard, star of the Middlesex team, will be at short stop this afternoon, with Zarakov moved to third base. William Ullman, who has also been unable to play because of scholastic deficiencies, will be at second base. With Ellison at first, this gives the Freshman team an infield which, on paper, would be hard to beat, provided that Captain Zarakov can adapt himself to his new position and the four men can work together well.

Freshman Bow to University 9 to 4

With Howard in the clean-up position, the team attack should be improved. In a practice game yesterday, the Freshmen bowed to the University team in a seven-inning game, 9 to 4, but they showed a punch that was missing in the Dean Academy game. Barnum held down Coach Slattery's batters except in two bad innings, and the 1927 nine hit Cordingley rather freely. Booth or Gates will be on the mound this afternoon and Coach Davidson expects one of them to turn in a victory