FRESHMAN SMOKER WILL COME NEXT WEDNESDAY

SENNETT AND LOWE TO PROVIDE ENTERTAINMENT

The first Smoker of the Freshman class will be held at 6.45 in the Living Room of the Union on Wednesday April 9. It has formerly been the custom to hold the Smoker after the spring vacation, but this year in order to avoid the crowding of the annual entertainment, the Smoker, and the Jubilee it has been decided to advance the date.

President Lowell, the first speaker, will talk to the whole Freshman class for the second time, the first being at the reception meeting at the beginning of the college year. He will be followed by Dean Bacon. L. F. Daley, president of the class, will then give a short address on the work of the Executive Committee and the class as a whole.

Will Outline Plans

Plans for the coming Jubilee will be announced by Nathaniel Hamlen, chairman of the Jubilee Committee; and plans for the entertainment, which will come shortly after vacation, will be described by C. G. Lundell, chairman of the Entertainment Committee. Austin Lamont, editor-in-chief of the Red Book, will outline the work that has been done in the editorial, business, pictorial, and arts and cuts departments. All the speakers will be introduced by P. L. Kilgour Jr., chairman of the Smoker Committee.

Two Mack Sennett comedies, "Bathing Bleachers" and "The Halfback of Notre Dame", will be shown, during which Bert Lowe's six-piece orchestra will furnish music. Light refreshments will be served. During the evening a flashlight picture, the first of the whole class, will be taken.