160 MEN ENTERED IN M. I. T. TRACK MEET

Enlarge Scoring in All Events in Order to Increase Competition--Fourths to Count Two Points and Fifths, One

Big entry lists and big scores will be the feature of this afternoon's track meet when the University track men face the M. I. T. track team on Technology Field at 8 o'clock.

According to the lastest reports from the H. A. A., Coach Farrell plans to enter 87 Crimson athletes for this afternoon's events; and Dr. T. J. Conner, the Tech track coach, has placed 73 names on his entry list.

Trial Meet for Both Teams

It will be a trial meet for both teams, a test for stiffer meets to come: hence the large entry lists. And to ensure plenty of competition for their large squads, Coaches Farrell and Connor have agreed to count the first five places in each event rating fifth places one point and fourth places, two, instead of scoring only the first three places as usual in intercollegiate meets.

As a result, there will be 225 points to be contested between the teams instead of the customary 135. This raises a new problem for track depositors, as it is almost impossible to foretell accurately the fourth and fifth place winners. However as large margin is assured to the better-balanced Harvard team and even the most optimistic Technology forecasters have given their team but 65 points to Harvard 165.

Tech Has Few Stars

The Technology team includes some half dozen outstanding athletes in among a crowd of mediocre track men. This is well demonstrated by Tech's performance against Princeton in New Jersey last Saturday, when the Engineers were defeated by a score of 111-24. In this meet, the few M. I. T. stars were able to capture first or second places in seven events, and in the remaining eight events the Princeton track men swept Tech clean off the score board.