TENNIS TEAM OPTIMISTIC IN FACING DARTMOUTH

HAVE BLANKED BROWN AND M. I. T. HOWEVER

If the University tennis team journeys to Hanover today, it will encounter strong opposition in Dartmouth players. The same four-man combination will play which so declaively defeated Lincoln's Inn on Wednesday. Judging from the experience of the teams, and the relative strength of their previous opponents, the odds favor Harvard.

The condition of the courts at Hanover has been very poor, and so the Dartmouth team has been limited so far this season to practice on a concrete court. The only two matches the Hanoverians have played, with Brown and M. I. T., however, have been shutout victories for the Green.

Captain Os good, the only letter man on the squad, will meet Ingrabam in the first singles. The ranking Harvard man should beat him, for playing number two last year, Os good was beaten by Gyld of Harvard. As his opponent, Captain Pfaffmann will have Boyd, captain of the Dartmouth Freshmen last year. Both Briggs and Cummings, who are experienced, should find little difficulty in overcoming Newcomb and Robinson, both new men on the Dartmouth team.

In the doubles the outcome is more uncertain, especially in the second match, for Briggs and Cummings have played together but very few times. A repetition of their playing against Auger and Farnham of Lincoln's Inn, however, should bring victory.

SCHEDULE OF TODAY'S RACES

4.30 O'clock--Harvard-M. I. T. Freshman race.

5.00 O'clock--Harvard M. I. T.-Penn 150-pound race.

5.30 O'clock--M. I. T.-Penn-Columbia Second University race.

6.00 O'clock--Harvard-Penn-Columbia First University race.

3.00 O'clock--Unofficial race between Harvard class crews.