WADSWORTH TO ADDRESS REPUBLICANS TONIGHT

IS MEMBER OF HARVARD BOARD OF OVERSEERS

Eliot Wadsworth '98, Assistant Secretary of the Treasury, will address a meeting held under the auspices of the Republican Club at 7 o'clock at the Union this evening. The meeting will be open to every one regardless of their membership in the Republican Club or the Union. Mr. Wadsworth's talk will be largely based on the fact that new voters must declare their party preference at the next primary. According to this eminent Republican, a voter who divides his support between the two parties is helping to bring about a situation where there is no responsibility in any one.

Was Active in Red Cross Work

After graduating from college Mr. Wadsworth entered business. His public career did not begin until August of 1916, when he was appointed chairman of the Central Committee of the American National Red Cross. He became Assistant Secretary of the Treasury in 1921. Mr. Wadsworth is also a member of the Harvard Board of Overseers and Chevy Chase Chairman of the executive committee of the Harvard Endowment Fund Committee.

To Distribute "Republican Club News"

Further opportunity for enrollment in the Republican Club will be given tonight. In order to acquaint the audience with the great work being done by college Republican Clubs all over the country, the "College Republican Club News", a paper published by the National Committee, will be distributed Copies of this may also be obtained in the President's Office at the CRIMSON.

The total number of colleges at which Clubs have been organized and where steps are now being taken to establish them is well over 150. According to the present rate there should be as many as 300 clubs under way by the first of June.