IVY L.LEE PAYS VISIT TO BUSINESS SCHOOL TODAY

WILL HOLD INDIVIDUAL TALKS THIS AFTERNOON

Mr. Ivy Ledbetter Lee, L.'99, one of the foremost authorities in the world on publicity, will visit the University today, to hold conferences with members of the Business School in the afternoon, and to speak on "Personality and Publicity" under the auspices of the Business School Club tonight at 7.30 o'clock in Emerson D.

Mr. Lee wields an influence exceeded by few men in America. At one time, he sat at the council table of railroad executives during the railroad strike; he acted as adviser to the coal operators during the coal strike; he was conferring with cement manufacturers who were under indictment for an alleged violation of the anti-trust law; he was attempting, as the representative of the American producers of Cuban sugar, to secure what these organizations believed to be reasonable tariff; and finally, he was giving counsel to the heads of the oil industry, which was under investigation by a Senatorial committee.

The magnitude of Mr. Lee's work may be gathered by the foregoing account of his activities during an industrial crisis. But Mr. Lee also represents such industries as the Pennsylvania Railroad, Bethlehem Steel Corporation, Copper and Brass Association, and the Standard Oil Company. Mr. Lee began his career as a newspaper reporter in New York City, and his present profession is an outgrowth the from his experience derived in that line of endeavor.