SCANT 40 FEET GIVES '26 CREW RIGHT TO RACE YALE

Junior A Finishes a Close Second Over Basin Course--Two Freshman Eights Oppose M. I. T. 1927 Today

The Sophomore. A crew, defeating its closest rival, the Junior A's, by three-quarters of a length, won the class crew race yesterday and the right to represent the University against the championship Yale class crew at New Haven Saturday. The Senior crew took third place and the Sophomore B took fourth, while the Junior B crew failed to reach the Basin in time to compete.

The first Junior eight retained the lead as far as the mile and one-quarter mark, where the Sophomores, despite the high waves, took the lead. The line-up of the winning crew follows: stroke, Gale; 7, Hubbard; 6, Macomber; 5, Leavitt; 4, Darlington; 3, Barton; 2, Tilt; bow, Krumbhaar; cox., Haper.

In addition to three events of the Invitation Regatta scheduled for today, Coach Shaw's two Freshman eights will race the 1927 M. I. T. crew over the mile and three-quarters course. This event of yesterday's regatta was postponed until this afternoon because of lack of time.