Crimson Sharks Surprise Spectators, Slaughtering and Slugging Lampon Hordes, 23-2-MacVeagh Invulnerable

Predictions of baseball dopesters were fulfilled yesterday when the veteran CRIMSON nine bested a motley lampoon borde by the overwhelming score of 23-2. By a strange colacidonce this is the same score by which the CRIMSON defeated the lampoon last year.

A pitchers' duel had been predicted between Charlton MacVeagh '24, hero of last year's one-sided encounter, and Robert Lampoon 2B.G., veteran lampoon humorist. But the multitudes of baseball fans who swarmed over Anderson Bridge to the field outside the big oval horseshoe across the Charles were disappointed, for the CRIMSON sluggers found lampoon for a flock of hits in the very first frame, and put the game on lee. MacVeagh was well nigh invulnerabble throughout and but for a number of questionable decisions by Umpire Dube would have pitched a no hit game H. N. Pratt, '24, with an unassisted double play, and a long hit which by eleven broken field running he stretched to a three bagger helped his team to victory.

In the seventh inning, Umpire Dube called the game on account of wet grounds. The score:   1  2  3  4  5  6  7 Crimson  3  1  1  1  1  1  1  28 lampoon  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  2