TRACK SQUADS OFF FOR TIGER INVASION

Greenidge and Greeley Only Noticeable Absentees From University Line-Up-Many Graduates Accompany Team

A formidable group of 68 University and Freshman track men, with the usual retinue of coaches, managers, and trainers, will leave the South Station at 9 o'clock this morning to make their first assault on the Big Three track championships in the Harvard-Princeton University and Freshman track meets, which will run simultaneously in the Palmer Stadium at Princeton tomorrow afternoon.

In the University group are 40 athletes, and in the Freshman, 28. Both squads are in top form after a week of intensive training on the Stadium track. In the University squad, there are two noticeable absentees, Greeley, one of the first string high jumpers, and Greenidge, who holds the University record for the javelin throw. Both these men have been out for the past ten days with muscle injuries, and are still being rested for the Yale meet a week from Saturday. The Freshman squad has but one casualty, Secrist, the star quarter miler, who will be left behind with a bad knee injury.

Chances for Victory 50-50

It is possible that these absences will have an important effect on the outcome of tomorrow's contests. The chances for a Harvard victory appear about 50-50 in both the University and Freshman meets. Whatever team wins, will do so with a margin of less than ten points, and consequently, every point will be of, the most vital importance.

Coach Farrell's double squad will travel direct to Trenton by way of the Hell Gate bridge in two special cars. They will be accompanied by Managers Bickford and Whithouse, and several old Harvard track stars who are now members of the Track Advisory Committee, among whom are W. J. Bingham and W. A. Barron, both former Harvard track captains. The whole group will spend the night in the hotel at Trenton, and journey to Princeton early tomorrow morning.