LACROSSE TEAM LOSES

Colgate Twelve Takes Rough 4-0 Game From Crimson

Suffering a reaction from its splendid showing against Syracuse on Thursday, the University lacrosse team travelled to Hamilton, New York, Saturday and received a 4 to 0 setback from a Colgate twelve, which in its top form it should have bested. The game, the last of the season before the Yale match nest Saturday, was the roughest in which the University has yet participated.

The unskilful stick work which marred the Syracuse game to a certain extent was even more noticeable Saturday, and this fault has determined Coach Herbert to devote the next few days to intensive practice in handling the ball. Time and again the University players drove within striking distance of the Colgate goal only to lose the ball by a careless fumble before a shot was attempted. A number of brilliant stops by the Hamiltonian goaltender also contributed to the zero in the Harvard column.

The outstanding player in the Crimson defense was I. G. Black '24 who repeatedly broke up Colgate plays, while the University attack centered about C. L. Nunneker ocC.