STEVENS SETTLES ON FIRST CREW LINE-UP

Class Crew Oarsman Now at 4 on Second Eight--Newell May Decide Today on 150-Pound Seating Order

When asked last night if there would be any changes in the first University crew before the race with Columbia and Pennsylvania on May 10, Coach Stevens said "probably not" with a finality which indicated "No!" The performance of the first eight since the promotion of Robert Winthrop '26 to the first shell last week seems to indicate that the best possible combination has been formed.

Following close upon the promotion of Winthrop from the sixth position in the second boat to the same place in the University shell, while R. L. Raymond '24 went to seat four on the same eight and J. W. Adie '26 occupied Winthrop's old position in the second shell, came the advancement yesterday of F. P. Weymer '26 to number four on Coach Stevens' second eight.

During the long row of over ten miles yesterday, Weymer, rowing in the seat of G. S. Muinford Jr. '25 who accompanied Coach Stevens in the "John Harvard", displaying excellent form and power, especially during the first half of the run. He was formerly on the Sophomore B crew.

First Crew Bests Seconds

Yesterday, the first crew proved its superiority over the second so thoroughly that Coach Stevens in the launch finally left the seconds behind and confined his attention to stroke Hamilton's eight. But this deficiency in the second shell may be partially accounted for by the frequent shifts in the line-up of this eight in the past week. O. F. Righter '26 and R. C. Storey Jr. '24 were both advanced one seat from three and four to two and three respectively. The present line-up of the second crew is: stroke Canning; 7, Hobson; 6, Adie; 5, Gates 4, Weymer; 3. Storey; 2, Righter; bow, Gates; cox., Heard.

None of the men who will race Columbia and Penn on May 10 will see Yale meet the above pair tomorrow at New Haven because the A and B University and the 150-pound crews will row by themselves tomorrow afternoon. Coaches Stevens, Shaw, and Newell will be in New Coach "Ed" Leader of Yale will entertain his old western friends.

Coach Newell may select his 150-pound eight for the May 10 regatts as a result of this afternoon's workout. The A and B 150-pound shells are of power