BUSINESS SCHOOL LEADER ADMIRES HARVARD SYSTEM

Lieutenant Colonel Morey Tells Why He Was Sent by War Department to Cambridge for Graduate Work

In expressing his admiration for the work being done by the Harvard Graduate School of Business Administration, Lieutenant Colonel L. S. Morey, officer in the Regular Army, and recently elected President of the Business School Club, was especially enthusiastic about the attitude of the faculty towards instruction, when interviewed by a CRIMSON reporter yesterday.

"These men are all for efficiency in business," he said, "and they recognize that there is much good to be accomplished through improved business conditions. By the practical application of one's training which is possible under the 'case system'. Harvard is in a position to send more than theorists into the business world, and the results attained have been eminently satisfactory."

Questioned as to why the War Department had chosen the Harvard Business School among other institutions, Colonel Morey replied that he had asked to be allowed to come to Cambridge after an investigation into the merits of the Harvard Business School.

"The Navy Department had sent men here before," he said, "and excellent results had been obtained. There is no doubt that Harvard has the best equipped business school in the country today, and I think it very likely that other officers in the Army will be sent here in the future.

Colonel Morey is connected with the Finance Department of the United States Army, with offices in Washington. Having graduated from West Point some years ago, he finds it an interesting experiment to return to college. He is unusually enthusiastic about various undergraduate activities.