LIST OF ENTRIES FOR YALE MEET LENGTHENED

FINAL CHOICE MADE FROM FIELD OF 20 COMPETITORS

A beginning was made yesterday afternoon at compiling to final entry list for the Harvard-Yale University track meet in the Stadium on Saturday, when competitions were held in the high jump, hammer throw, broad jump, and javelin throw, to pick the men whom Coach Farrell will send into the Stadium to compete on Saturday.

Those men in the four events who made the trip to Princeton last Saturday were withheld from competition yesterday, as their entries will be made automatically. Only three men were taken to Princeton for the majority of the field events. But in the Yale meet, the Crimson will be allowed to enter six men in each event, and yesterday's trials were held to determine the additional men who will be added to the squad.

20 Men Compete For Positions

Over 20 men turned out for competition in the various events, and of these three at least won definite places on the squad for Saturday. These men were Schlaikjer in the javelin throw, and Davis and Roundtree in the broad jump. In the high jump and hammer throw, no definite additions were made, although it is probable that Coach Farrell will change his mind and add several more men to those events before the end of the week.

The final entry list in these four events will, as now constituted, be listed as follows:

In the high jump are Gerould, Hyatt, and Jenney, all of whom competed at Princeton, and Greeley, if his bad knee allows him to jump on Saturday.

The broad jump will consist of Hyatt, Neiman, and Quirk, the three Crimson contenders at Princeton, and Davis and Roundtree, added as a result of yesterday's competition.

In the javelin throw, the entries will consist of Kernan and Potter, both of whom went to Princeton; Greenidge, who has been recovering from a bad arm; and Schlaikjer, the winner of yesterday's javelin competition.

The list for the hammer is the smallest of all. It will contain the names or Berglund and Snow, who went to Princeton last week, and probably of Burke and Phillips, although Coach Farrell has not definitely named them as yet.